Monday 29 April 2013

Farewell

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate myself on hitting the 500 post mark, yay me. You may have noticed my review-posting turnout has been significantly diminished in the past few weeks. This has in part been due to a few busy weekends involving family and the wedding of two of my best friends, but I've also been watching a great deal of Disney films for a Lambcast that will be released soon. As such, I've been feeling pretty depleted in terms of writing about films - I haven't reviewed anything from the 1001 List in a little while - and I've barely watched anything from it recently either. Therefore, I've decided to close up shop and take a break from the blog for a while.

I'd like to thank all my regular visitors and followers, especially those of you who frequently leave me comments and/or essays (Chip, I'm looking at you), and rest assured I shall continue to read most of what you all throw out (sticking to my rule of not reading reviews of films I've not seen but intend to one day). I've thoroughly enjoyed most of my time blogging so far. I always wanted to write about films, and I hope to continue to do so until one day I'm actually halfway good at it. Rest assured that everything of yours that I read continues to inspire me.

On a completely unrelated note, I'd like to announce the birth of www.lifevsfilm.com, where you will now find me writing on a hopefully far more regular basis, starting with an imminent review of Iron Man 3. The site is very much in its infancy, and although I'd meant to have it fully operational before launching it upon the world, it isn't even close. That's what happens when a busy/lazy person sets a self-imposed deadline (the aforementioned 500th post) and then neglects to work hard enough to actually reach it. Anyway, all the buttons should work, and I'll update various pages and links and things as I go. I'm pretty sure they all point back to here for now though. Give me a shout if there's something else that doesn't work, and I'll try and fix it.

Blogger, it's been real, but I'm taking this site on the road.

10 comments:

  1. I know I left a comment on your new site, but I'll say it again here - I'm glad you're not leaving the little blogging community for good. Take a break, a hiatus - BELIEVE me, I understand about real life getting in the way - but I like your posts and I look forward to reading whatever you have to say on your new site in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siobhan, I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  2. For a second there I thought you had decided to quit the blogging business. glad you are not. I look forward to read your stuff on the new site and hope to see some more from the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, there'll be some more from the list any day now, just let me find my feet with Wordpress and I'll be sorted.

      Delete
  3. As I once said to you early on, your blog title is "Life vs. Film" and that means sometimes Life is going to win. Take a well deserved break and then start fresh.

    Thanks for the shout out. I see you've observed my philosophy: Why say in two words ("good post") what you can say in twenty? :-) Actually, I just made that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for you to one day leave a comment that's longer than the actual post you're commenting on. I'm sure it'll happen one day!

      Delete
    2. I've run across some blogs that write nothing more than a few sentences and call it a review. I'm sure that at some point I did do exactly what you describe. :-)

      Delete
  4. Was it something we did? We can change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look, Tom, I don't know how to say this, but it's just not working out. It's not you, it's me. I just think we want different things. Maybe we can still be friends? Think of this as a good thing. You can go on to find someone new, someone better. Trust me, this is a good thing.

      Delete